A Direct-Vent system uses two vent pipes. One draws air in from outdoors to support combustion. The other exhausts the by-products of combustion to the outside. The two vent pipes may be concentric (exhaust pipe within a larger diameter intake pipe) or co-linear (separate pipes of about the same size).
Combustion takes place inside a sealed chamber – with a glass front in the case of a fireplace. Room air circulates around the combustion chamber, often assisted by a blower, to heat the room.
A DV system is often installed along an outside wall to simplify the vent run,but can also be installed elsewhere in the home and vented through the roof.
With its massive log set, deep ember bed, dual burner and huge ceramic glass front, the Rushmore is one great-looking fireplace, but what you can’t see makes this fireplace even more impressive. Empire’s TruFlame Technology ensures maximum flames and ember glow with minimum emissions.
With its massive log set, deep ember bed, dual burner and huge ceramic glass front, the Rushmore is one great-looking fireplace, but what you can’t see makes this fireplace even more impressive.
Empire’s TruFlame Technology ensures maximum flames and ember glow with minimum emissions. The system starts with independently controlled front and rear burners set in a large ember bed. The burners create a tall lively fire that dances and curls around the hand-painted ceramic fiber logs – generating a continuous tableau of flame shapes and light patterns.
The Rushmore's TruFlame Technology ensures maximum flames and ember glow with minimum emissions, and is offered in two sizes– 40-inch or 36-inch.
An attractive clean-face design integrates the barrier screen flush with the fireplace front – allowing you to install tile, brick, or other non-combustible materials right up to the fireplace opening for a clean, organic installation. Or choose one of the optional decorative fronts, doors, or frames to tailor your new fireplace with the look that suits your décor.
A variety of liners are available to further customize the Rushmore– including Old World Stone, Rustic Brick, or reflective Black Porcelain. Choose between the two logs sets– Traditional Charred or Driftwood. Add the available hand-forged andirons to complete the look.
Ceramic Glass: 36 x 30 3/8 inches,
Venting: 5 x 8 Top Vent Only, 12-in min. rise before horizontal
Framing: 53 1/2 H x 49 1/2 W x 24 D
- Front and rear burner 6-step variable flame height
- Independent Rear burner on/off (70% turn down)
- Front and rear burner variable flame height
- Accent lighting on/off with 6-step dimming
- Optional Double Blower (if installed) on/off with 6-speed settings
- Catalyst allows large flame, extensive ember bed and clean burn
- Product Dimensions: 49 1/2" W x 53 1/2" H x 24" D
- 40" direct-vent fireplace with TruFlame technology
- Remote controls flame height, lighting, and variable-speed blower
- Maximum BTU Output: 40,000
- Min/Max Natural Gas Inlet Pressure: 4.5"/14" WC
- Min/Max Propane Gas Inlet Pressure: 10.8"/14" WC
- Actual Viewing Area: 40 7/8" W x 36 1/2" H
- Valve Type: IPI Valve
The Rushmore fireplace is available in two sizes– 40-inch or 36-inch.
CA Residents: See Prop 65 WARNING.
Options & Accessories
Decorative Fronts & Doors
DFF40FPD: Front, Forged Iron, Distress Pewter
DFF40RPD: Front Inset, Forged Iron, Distress Pewter - Arch
DFF40CPD: Front Inset, Forged Iron, Distress Pewter - Rectangular
Note: Decorative Front can be used alone, or with one of the available forged iron insets, as shown above.
Also Note: Inset Req Matching Forged Iron Frame. Above images shown Front with inset, both sold separately products.
Power Vent Accessory
Empire Horizontal Power Vent Termination for use on Pro-Flame Direct Vent Fireplaces.
- Download Installation Guide
- Download Brochures
- Download Architecture
- Download Home Owner's Manual
- Andirons for DVCT36, DVCT40, & DVCT50 (DCA1ABL)
- Rushmore Blower Installation (FBB21)
- Rushmore Decorative Frames (DF36CNB/DFF36FPD, DFF40CPD/DFF40RPD, DFF50FPD)
- Rushmore Glass Removal Manual
- Rushmore Black Porcelain Liner Kits
- Rushmore Ceramic Fiber Liner Kits (Rustic Brick/Old World Stone)
- Rushmore Decorative Doors
Rushmore 40 Gas Conversion Instructions
- Power Vent (Horizontal Kit)
- Power Vent (Vertical Conversion Kit)