HY-C has been protecting homes and families since 1947 with home improvement products including chimney covers, UL1618 certified stove boards, firewood storage log racks, nuisance wildlife control screens, cast iron fireplace accessories, and wood- and coal-burning furnaces.
Because we manufacture 85% of our products here in the United States, our customers are not waiting for containers that are ‘on the water.’ We provide what you need when you need it. HY-C people are passionate and committed to high performance – a performance that protects our customers’ brands. We provide safe and sustainable living products to improve your life and the life of your home.
We proudly maintain a bulletproof balance sheet that allows us to keep our debt at a minimum. We utilize an inventory-heavy strategy where we’re ready for anything! We carry 9-12 months of raw material on hand at all times and provide JIT (just-in-time) options for those rare cases where the product you need is not already on the shelf, we will make it in 36 hours.
Draft King Single Flue Chimney Cap
Our black galvanized steel Draft King chimney cap is the durable and economic choice for chimneys in most regions. Like all Draft King chimney caps, the outside mounting design engineers a maximum free air space allowing uninhibited chimney draft. Manufactured with a 24-gauge black powder-coated galvanized steel hood with scalloped corners and turn-down edges, an 18-gauge 3/4" black powder-coated expanded galvanized steel mesh, and a 14-gauge black powder-coated galvanized steel base, this cap stands up to the elements. Using slotted hex-head stainless steel mounting bolts, Draft King's unique corner chimney cap mounting attachment provides the most secure fit possible to a masonry flue tile. These Draft King chimney caps are made in the USA and backed by HY-C's 7-Year Limited Warranty.
- Made in the USA and backed by HY-C's 7-Year Limited Warranty
- 24-Gauge Powder-Coated Galvanized Steel Hood with Scalloped Corners and Turn-Down Edges
- 14-Gauge Galvanized Steel Base for Extra Strength
- 18-Gauge 3/4" Expanded Galvanized Steel Mesh; 18-Gauge 5/8" Expanded Galvanized Steel Mesh Available for California
- Attractive Black Powder Coat Finish
- Slotted Hex-Head Stainless Steel Mounting Bolts for Easy, Durable Installation
- Outside Mounting Provides Greater Free Air Space for Better Draft
- Expanded Metal Mesh Turned Inward at Base Allows Cover to Rest Firmly on Flue Tile, Closing Any Gaps to Protect Against Nuisance Wildlife Intrusion
- Optional Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel Leg Kit (for chimneys whose flue tile does not extend above crown)
- Designed for Masonry Flues Only. Not to be Used with Metal Air-Cooled Chimney Systems.
- Arrests Sparks and Reduces Certain Downdrafts
|Model||Outside Tile Size||Fits Outside Tile Size||Color||Weight|
|CBO8||8" Round - Bolt-On||7.5" to 8.5" Round||Black Galvanized||Approx. 5.5 lbs.|
||10" Round - Bolt-On||9.5" to 10.5" Round||Black Galvanized||Approx. 6 lbs.|
|CBO12||12" Round - Bolt||11.5" to 12.5" Round||Black Galvanized||Approx. 9 lbs.|
|CBO14||14" Round - Bolt||13.5" to 14.5" Round||Black Galvanized||Approx. 9.5 lbs.|
|CBO16||16" Round - Bolt||15.5" to 16.5" Round||Black Galvanized||Approx. 13 lbs.|
|CBO18||18" Round - Bolt||17.5" to 18.5" Round||Black Galvanized||Approx. 13.5 lbs.|
Leg Kit - Option to convert Draft King into Slip-In
Note: In situations where Oil or Coal is burned, or when Wood or Pellets are used as the primary source of heat, do not use Aluminum or Black-Painted Galvanized Steel Covers.
Designed for Masonry Flues Only. Not to be Used with Metal Air-Cooled Chimney Systems.