A Direct-Vent system uses two vent pipes. One draws air in from outdoors to support combustion. The other exhausts the by-products of combustion to the outside. The two vent pipes may be concentric (exhaust pipe within a larger diameter intake pipe) or co-linear (separate pipes of about the same size).
Combustion takes place inside a sealed chamber – with a glass front in the case of a fireplace. Room air circulates around the combustion chamber, often assisted by a blower, to heat the room.
A DV system is often installed along an outside wall to simplify the vent run, but can also be installed elsewhere in the home and vented through the roof.
- Good efficiency – 60 to 80%
- Good heat output with thermal transfer through the glass and air circulation
- Separates room air from the combustion air
- May be used as a primary heat source
- Can operate with a remote or thermostat
- Most systems can provide live-saving heat during a winter power outage
Boulevard Linear Traditional Fireplaces
Traditional Boulevard fireplace has two choices of distinct accessory log sets (required). The traditional Charred set features meaty oak logs with rough bark, exposed wood, and charring. The Driftwood set is lifted straight from a remote beach with each log worn smooth by wind and waves, and then dried under the hot sun to reveal the rich grain and deep whorls.
The optional variable-speed blower circulates even more warmth into the room.
Available in Propane (31,500 BTUs) and Natural Gas (34,500 BTUs).
- Ceramic Glass 13 x 41
- Venting 4 x 6 5/8 Top Vent Only, 24-in min. rise before horizontal
- Framing 36 7/8 H x 54 1/2 W x 17 1/16 D (see manual before framing)
- Remote control (thermostat variable) controls the variable flame height and optional blower (if installed)
- Ceramic Glass
- Decorative Front with Fireplace Barrier Screen
- Log Set
CA Residents: See Prop 65 WARNING.
WARRANTY: 10-year Limited Warranty on Combustion Chamber, Limited Lifetime on Glass. All other parts carry a three-year limited warranty. All remote controls carry aone-year limited warranty. Refer to Product Brochure for details.
OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES
Log Sets (Required)
Click to see Log Set Options
Add 5-piece Charred/Driftwood Ceramic Log Set to your fireplace to complete this unit
Fronts with Barriers (Required)
Click to see Fronts options
Decorative 2-Inch Front with Barrier Screen
Decorative 4-Inch Front with Hood and Barrier Screen
Decorative TideWater Front with Barrier Screen-Hammered Pewter
Decorative TideWater Front with Barrier Screen- Matte Black
| Automatic Variable Speed Blower
Black Reflective Fireplace Liner
Natural Gas to Propane IP Conversion Kit