A Direct-Vent system uses two vent pipes. One draws air in from outdoors to support combustion. The other exhausts the by-products of combustion to the outside. The two vent pipes may be concentric (exhaust pipe within a larger diameter intake pipe) or co-linear (separate pipes of about the same size).
Combustion takes place inside a sealed chamber – with a glass front in the case of a fireplace. Room air circulates around the combustion chamber, often assisted by a blower, to heat the room.
A DV system is often installed along an outside wall to simplify the vent run,but can also be installed elsewhere in the home and vented through the roof.
With its massive log set, deep ember bed, dual burner and huge ceramic glass front, the Rushmore is one great-looking fireplace, but what you can’t see makes this fireplace even more impressive. Empire’s TruFlame Technology ensures maximum flames and ember glow with minimum emissions.
With its massive log set, deep ember bed, dual burner and huge ceramic glass front, the Rushmore is one great-looking fireplace, but what you can’t see makes this fireplace even more impressive.
Empire’s TruFlame Technology ensures maximum flames and ember glow with minimum emissions. The system starts with independently controlled front and rear burners set in a large ember bed. The burners create a tall lively fire that dances and curls around the hand-painted ceramic fiber logs – generating a continuous tableau of flame shapes and light patterns.
Let the envy begin with the Rushmore 50 fireplace.
The Rushmore 50 features a dual burner that creates a tall lively fire, accented with the massive Forest Timber log set and large glowing ember bed. TruFlame Technology minimizes emissions while maximizing heat efficiency to produce the most realistic flames. The impressive ceramic glass front with InvisiMesh provides a 50-inch viewing area.
- Product Dimensions: 58 1/2" W x 58 1/2" H x 24" D
- 50" direct-vent fireplace with TruFlame technology
- Remote controls flame height, lighting, and variable-speed blower
- Maximum BTU Output: 56,500
- Min/Max Natural Gas Inlet Pressure: 4.5"/14" WC
- Min/Max Propane Gas Inlet Pressure: 10.8"/14" WC
- Framing Dimensions: 58 1/2" W x 58 1/2" H x 24" D
- Actual Viewing Area: 51" W x 41 1/2" H
- Valve Type: IPI Valve
- Package Includes:
- Multi-Function Thermostat Remote
- Fireplace Barrier Screen (Fine Mesh)
- Log Set
CA Residents: See Prop 65 WARNING.
Options & Accessories
Click to see Liner Kit options
Black Porcelain Walls, Matte Ceiling/Floor
Fire Cracked Brick Walls, Ceiling and Floor
Traditional Stone Walls, Ceiling and Floor
Log Set (Required)
Forest Timber Log Set
Click to see Accessories
Decorative Forged Andirons
Variable Speed Twin Blower
Empire Horizontal Power Vent Termination for use on Pro-Flame Direct Vent Fireplaces.
- Download Installation Guide
- Download Brochures
- Download Architecture
- Download Home Owner's Manual
- Andirons for DVCT36, DVCT40, & DVCT50 (DCA1ABL)
- Rushmore Blower Installation (FBB21)
- Rushmore Decorative Frames (DF36CNB/DFF36FPD, DFF40CPD/DFF40RPD, DFF50FPD)
- Fire Cracked Brick for DVCT50 Installation Manual (DVP50PFB)
- Black Porcelain Liner for DVCT50 (DVP50PKR)
- Old World Stone Liner (DVP50PTS)Manual (DVP50PWS)
- Conversion Kit Natural Gas to Propane (38226)
- Conversion Kit Propane to Natural Gas (38227)
- Rushmore Decorative Doors
- Power Vent (Horizontal Kit)
- Power Vent (Vertical Conversion Kit)